Monday, April 16, 2012

Good grades vs Salary

My son is studying full time at UWC (3rd yr), now he got a part-time job, working from 5pm -9pm from Monday to Friday. I know I should be happy because this means he's going to learn to be responsible and be disciplined with his time.

I am sick worried because he comes home tired then he has to do his school work, I'm talking assignements for 5 subjects. To be honest he's not one of those A students, he works really hard to get C's and sometimes B's. My worry is that with this added workload, his school work might suffer.

I don't want to let him continue then later when I see June results, if they're bad, I must tell him to stop working and concentrate on his books, no, by that time it might be too late, he will be sooo used to the money he will give me 1000 excuses why he must work.

At the moment I'm lobbying my hubby to support me on this, we must convince him to forget about the job. My husband's idea is that we must trust that when he can not cope he will indicate and quite on his own. My worry is that, what if he does not quite.

Eish, I wish I had squashed this job thing during the time of its conception.

Or, Am I worried for nothing?

Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment