Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not all who wander are lost

The other day I asked my 'family doctor', my husband (he always gives us i-rati')what can I take to help me overcome 'forgetfulness'. I explained to him that I easily forget things more especially what I wanted to do. At work I will leave my office go to another, when I get there I will not know what I wanted there, then I would look like someone just wandering in offices. At home I will go from one room to another and I will not know what I wanted there.

I will be literally wandering, but I'll not be lost, just that I forgot what I wanted to do.Okey, my husband told me that I do not need medication, all I need is to find in my head this one file that is constantly open and just close it.He said in our heads we have lots of files for storing different things. He explained that what is happening to me is that I opened this file, dealt with the content, when I finished I never closed it, it is still open and sort of confusing me, because I deal with contents of other files that are not the same as the open one, and things get confused that is why I tend to wander, not that I am lost.

I understood when he explained this to me because he convinced me that what he was telling me was the fact. Understanding and believing are different things, so here I am still wandering but not lost still with the open file. Anyone with help?

2 comments:

  1. How do you figure out which file has been left unclosed? This is indeed very interesting and has left me wandering:) Good one!

    ReplyDelete