Monday, June 27, 2011

Killing two birds with one stone.

On the 10th of June, we celebrated our 24th anniversary, yee! A month before June my hubby said 'sweety I'm taking you to Swaziland for a weekend for our anniversary', I was so over the moon, my 1st time outside SA borders! I did my passport and he did all bookings, flight and accommodation.

Frid, 17 June, came, off we flew SAA to JHB, then we took a small plane that made me scared from JHB to Swaziland. The journey was so short, I remember they gave us Simba chips and water as I was thinking they're gonna serve afternoon snacks, they announced 'ladies and gentlemen welcome to Swaziland' it was approximately a 35min flight which is way less than driving to George or Knysna!!

The Swazi Royal Spa Hotel is beautiful and fit for a king and a queen. My husband booked us a spa treatment before dinner and we enjoyed it and the ladies were excellent. The following morning he said we should visit an event he knows is taking place at Manzini, when we arrived, there were lots of people, it was actually a 10km charity race but it was time for medals. It was at this event I found that in the evening there will be a charity dinner honouring uMagogo a political stalward.

I said to my husband I don't have a problem but I do not have a dress suitable for the occassion (this was not the truth I had packed something in case, but I was not going to tell him that, seeing the he conveniently forgot to tell me about the whole charity affair). Back at the hotel I saw that there is a botique, so it was time to raid it, husband in tow. I bought a beautiful tiny black number which suits me perfectly as if it was waiting for me in its corner.

The dinner was exellent, we were VIPs seated next to well known business people and politicians. I learnt a lot about ties between SA and Swaziland and about giving back to the community.

So we had our weekend away anniversary and also networked with important people, yes of course I also got a new dress!! Talking about killing not two but three birds with one stone. It was a wonderful getaway, lots to write about, great experience.

Enjoy reading!!







 

2 comments:

  1. You are one lucky lady to be spoilt rotten by your husband. What a lovely romantic story - especially after being married a number of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah this is sooo sweet man, your husband is a God-sent! Did you take any pics? Please post some!

    ReplyDelete