Saturday, August 13, 2011

Being a Queen for 10 hours!

We all know that Uagust is a women's month. There are different ways of celebrating this day. At work we have a whole month's planned activities to celebrate this month. The irony of all this is that these events are planned and executed by mostly women and as organisers we seldom enjoy these events because to us it is part of our duties.

When my husband told me about an outing planned by women at his office, and that he asked them to include, I never in a million times thought this was to be my highlight in celebrating women's month! On Friday, 12 August was the day planned for the outing. I joined a group of eleven other women. I only knew that we were going to a spa place for the day, its called Mangwanani African Spa and is situated in a remote hill in Zevenwagcht pass Kuilsriver, yes, its here in Cape Town.

The place is beyond beautiful, staff is super friendly, the main attraction for me was a big fire inside the lounge which warmed the whole place. The pampering we received was over this world, from salt and rose oil to sugar and some other oil massage. We had hands and feet massage, later on head and facials. In between these treats we had breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.

I noticed that the whole staff is composed of African people, from the front desk to the therapists, as the ladies are called. Curious me, I asked if they have qualifications for what they do (they are damn good) or are they just trained in house. The lady said that they are qualified, before employment, they are trained for 3 months, after that they get 3 weeks practicals, then they are awarded with certificates. I then asked where are other races, the lady said that is what is unique about their Spa it African, not only in name, all services are provided by African people.

My next question was who the owners are, she said in a sort of shy voice, they are White people. That was another interesting aspect of this place which needs a blog of its own. All in all, now I am ready to finish the planned events, I'm motivated and rejuvenated!!

.    

1 comment:

  1. Wow this sounds fantastic, i wouldnt mind treating myself to one of Mangwananiz spa treatments! Interesting that the services are performed by African ladies...i wonder...

    ReplyDelete