Thursday, August 18, 2011

A life lesson!

I was so amazed when, after Tuesday, 16th's Media Studies class, I noticed how people really base all they do on being compliant instead of striving for excellence. Yes, me too, I have started to think back and I have seen that many times I have been guilt as charged.

At the office I've started to scrutinise other people's outcomes and see whether a person is delivering on compliant or excellence. To be honest there are people who are compliant, not because they do not have resources to perform excellent, but because they are plain lazy to think OUT OF THE BOX!

There is a duo in my office a newly appointed Graphic Designer and an Intern Graphic Designer. These two members are the most innovative and creative people I have ever seen. The concepts they come up with are beyond expectation, as old stock, we have to keep up with them in terms of technology, I even think the organisation as employer will have tough time fullfilling their expectations in terms of providing resources.

This means if one or two people can deliver excellence, there is nothing stopping everyone to achieve that. We just have to think what really motivates us and keep reminding ourselves.



1 comment:

  1. I wish i strived for excellence too, im afraid i fall under the category of "compliant".... *sad* My days of striving for excellence are left in High School.

    ReplyDelete