Thursday, August 18, 2011

How hard is it to follow instructions?

If the question was 'how hard is it to follow directions?, I would have answered that it is difficult especially for me here in Cape Town. But the question is about instructions, well I can follow them well, sometimes I try too hard and end up burning myself. Take an example of an assignment where the instructions say hand in a 5 page document. I then do a lot of research, end up writing a lot, and there's consequences for that!!

The reason why there is so much controversy and corruption is because people do not follow instructions (tender process) and end up in trouble. I'm not talking about people who deliberately commit corruption.
This reminds of a time in our organisation when you had to comply with any instruction given to you, whether it was lawful or unlawful. During those times we really followed instructions blindly.

It is not hard to follow instructions, its just that people have a democratic rights or choices of whether to follow instructions or not, in most instances people choose not to follow instructions and they mostly know there will be no consequences for their actions or lack thereof.  

Follow instructions its a right thing to do!!!



1 comment:

  1. Following instructions is definitely not hard, interpreting them is.

    ReplyDelete