Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I love my aunt

I was born out of wedlock, so I grew up at my mothers home. My grandmother and aunt took care of me. When I say they took care of me, I mean they fed me, clothed me and paid for my schooling. When unrests started in Port Elizabeth in 1986 my aunt sent me to a boarding school in Ciskei. There I studied till I passed my matric. When I passed matric my aunt was willing to send me to university, but because I saw how she was struggling I decided to look for a job and work.

When I got a job at South African Police Service, I left for training, leaving her staying with my grandmother, mother and other family members. When I was at SAPS training college I got my first salary of R565.00. I sent the R500 to her and kept the R65 for my personal use. I sent her this money for the whole 6 months I was at college. When I finished training I came back home and I was surprised when she told me that she bought a house for us (me and her) and she paid its deposit with the money I sent her, so we were now officially new home owners.

As I was staying with her, we worked hard to make our home beautiful, and she never demanded anything from me as a payback because she took care of me while I was young. I am still very attached to her. Oh, the other thing is that she does not have her own children, she never had them, and my mother also passed away in 1996. My aunt is my role model of a hard working parent, she is not selfish, what she did for me, she also did for my other cousins but I am the only one who is still attached to her. I am so greatful to her, I am who I am because of her. My family, that is me, my husband and children, we visit her or buy her airticket to visit our home in Cape Town for holidays. I really love my aunt.  

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud of your Aunt! She treated you as the first and last daugheter of hers. Keep it up a good work very few you will be blessed with more good things in life. Once again its very fascinating story. I like the last part of who i am is becoause of her.

    Umcine kude kubesephakadeni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bond with your aunt is sooo tight, not a lot of people have this even with their on moms. Keep it up. Great story.

    ReplyDelete