Monday, February 28, 2011

If I were the boss

If I were a boss at my organisation, I would be a boss for 170 Communication Officers throughout the Western Cape, some situated as far as Uniondale on the N1 route and some as far as Vredendal on the West Coast. If I were their boss I would try and meet with them at least twice a year in a form of Workshop where we will share best practices, experiences and build comeradie amongst communicators of SAPS.
I would also try at all Management meetings, to educate other managers how important Corporate Communication is for any organisation. At all times I will remind them that this component is not only for playing spindoctor, they should make use of it in all their projects and campaigns even if it is for support. If I were the boss, I will give all communicators resources, official cellphones, vehicles to attend crime scenes, offices (not sharing) computers with e-mail and internet access and Twitter and Blogger. Wow! If I were the boss, there is a lot I would do for this component which is regarded as the least important in the entire organisation.

1 comment:

  1. Sis Dora I think you should communicate these ideas to the person in charge, someone who can help implement atleast some of the things you've mentioned as they are very important and may help improve a lot in our country. Well done!

    ReplyDelete