Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raising boys

As I have mentioned before, I have five boys but I'm writing about the three at home. When I was still buying clothes for them, I would go into the shop, first browse the girls clothes, then go to their section. I so much wished for a girl, though I think it was more about admiring their pretty clothes than anything as I was so inlove with my ' steps' (that is a term used when there is no significant gap inbetween your kids).
To me I think boys are more loving to thier mothers, they don't want to upset you or see you upset.
They are now all teens and above, there's girls, partying, school and other things, (check the order) sometimes I feel neglected, more especially when I invite them to go out and they say they have plans, Mhh, that makes me cross. When I really miss them I will even invite the girl to come along! Are all mothers this attached to their sons? One thing I pray for, when they get married, I must not interfere. To be honest, at the moment, I sometimes do interfere, not really interfere, but become curious about what happens in their relationships and I always get a suttle brush off. This is the life of being a MOTHER!!

2 comments:

  1. i think its a good thing that uv decided not to interfere..lol. Your boys need to get out there on their own and figure life out. Very interesting article. I think its sweet that you love spending time with them even if it means having to invite their girlfriends along just to be with your boys..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The topic you raising is close to my heart as we five boys and my parents always wanted the girl.As they say parents plan, but GOD decideds what kind of child is going to blesse with. My mom even now that, we are old and working she always wants to know, who is our girlfriends and what they doing about they wife and the age group etc. Good one sisi.

    ReplyDelete