Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We are what we do

Am I really what I do? I'm going to talk about myself in terms of what I am and do as a parent. What I do as a parent is being a good mother to my children and others that I encounter dailly. I believe that I am what I do in the sense that I try my utmost best to be the role model to my children. I know that in some instances children imitate what we do as parents that is why whatever I do I make sure it will not give wrong message to them.

We teach our children to be the best citizens they can be, I think the best way to do that is for me as a parent to be and do the right things all the time. If I do unsavoury things then I will be labeled according to my behaviour, then I will be judged by what I do.

There is a story I read about twins whose parents were alcoholics and never cared about them, one studied hard and became a doctor and the other was a nobody who drank and could not keep a job. A person asked the one who is a doctor how did he manage to be a doctor coming from a background of drinking parents and a brother. He replied that ' with parents like mine, how can I not study and work hard to be better than what they are'. When the dronky was asked the same question, he replied ' with parents like mine, what else can you expect from me?'

Moral of the story, we really are what we do and as parents we have a strong influence to what future lies ahead for our children. But the ULTIMATE decision is on them to be what they want to be!!

1 comment:

  1. Good one sisi, its very important to be a good parent to your kids or role model.

    ReplyDelete