Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Am I a bad mother?

At my house I last had a helper when the boys were in Primary, as soon as the last born started High School, we decided  that we will share the house chores even cooking. Then on top of their pocket money, they will get something from what we are saving from hiring a helper.

Now my dilema is that two of the boys have too much time wasted on games, movies etc, and the other is really serious. His study mates come to do school work with him, sometimes he goes to them or they stay at varsity till late studying. Yes his results so far show that he is serious.

The thing now is that, when the serious one is busy with his studies and it is his turn either to cook or do other chore, I check who is playing games, then I FORCE that one to help with the chores as I do not want to disturb the one studying. Then the grumbling, then I become pissed off because he is doing nothing in any case, then I threaten to cut off his incentive.

As a parent am I not at liberty to give them chores as I please, schedule or no schedule?

1 comment:

  1. You are teaching them about life. As for me you are not a bad mother at all.

    ReplyDelete